The admin side of Halalan recently received some changes. It now uses CodeIgniter’s Form Validation library instead of the manual and tedious error-checking in the previous releases. With all the changes that happened, some bugs may have crept into the code. Helping in testing the changes is very much appreciated.
Here’s how to test the recent changes:
- Checkout revision 550 of the 1.x.x branch (e.g., svn checkout -r 550 http://halalan.googlecode.com/svn/branches/1.x.x halalan-test)
- Input the database settings at system/application/config/database.php
- Go to the Halalan URL + install (e.g., http://localhost/halalan-test/install)
Copy the generated configuration to system/application/config/halalan.php
- Update: For easier installation, just copy this halalan.php to system/application/config/ and change $config['halalan']['image_trail_path'] and $config['base_url'] to reflect your settings
- Create writable directories: public/captcha, public/uploads/logos, public/uploads/pictures, public/uploads/csvs
- Update: Make sure that the folder specified in $config['halalan']['image_trail_path'] is also writable
- Login to the system and play with it
If any problems are encountered, send an email to the mailing list or post a comment below.