Halalan Summer Camp 2013 is now over. Here are the results of the discussions held there. Thank you to those who participate!
- A discussion of different voting systems was held using the materials in Securing Digital Democracy at Coursera.
- A history of Halalan was presented broken down by generations. The 1st generation is composed of Halalan Booroonggoo and Halalan Ograsiah! from July 2004 – March/April 2006. The 2nd generation is the current one which started on May 2006. There is a plan for a 3rd generation which may start at the release of version 2.0.0.
- A progression of Halalan logos was presented.
- A look at the technical side of Halalan. The features needed or wanted and the challenges on how to make them.
- A rundown of the implementation of Halalan in UP Diliman.
There will be a hackathon this June. See this post for more details. Things to do at the hackathon will be discussed at email@example.com. Join now!
A new logo will be unveiled at the hackathon by our very own JM.
A search for a suitable WordPress theme or for a web designer to create Halalan’s own theme will be conducted.
Register a new domain for Halalan.
Update documentation for the upcoming version 2.0.0.
A new team for the 3rd generation Halalan is being considered.
8-hours of hard-core programming using PHP and CodeIgniter!
Have a meaningful contribution to a Free and Open Source Software Project!
Meet other PHP programmers and experts!
Join the Halalan Hackathon. Let’s hack and learn!
What: Halalan Hackathon (Contributing to the Halalan project – http://halalan.uplug.org/)
When: June 15, 2013, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where: (Tentative) Conference Room, Center for Women’s Studies, University of the Philippines Diliman (see map)
Bring your own laptops and snacks.
View Larger Map
The University of the Philippines Linux Users’ Group (UnPLUG) invites you to the Halalan Summer Camp 2013! Finally, after many years since the first one in 2007, it is back. The primary purpose of this summer camp is to expedite the completion of the remaining tasks needed for the release of Halalan 2.0.0. But that’s not all. There is something for everyone in here.
- Date and Time: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 8am-5pm
To Be Announced (but this will be in University of the Philipines Diliman) Conference Room, Center for Women’s Studies, University of the Philippines Diliman (map).
- Others: This is free for everyone! Everyone is welcome! Please register here.
- Presentation about (automated/electronic) voting systems, in general, and Halalan, in particular.
- Go Halalan 2.0.0 – UI, documentation, website, logo, t-shirt, demo site, etc.
- Discussion about Halalan in UP Diliman.
Free food will be served. See you soon!
The Halalan Team is cooking up something big. It is coming… sooon.
Download it here.
— Fixed deletion of voters
— Fixed missing party language
— Fixed block rules
Voter blocks and ballot preview, fixing of long-standing bugs, upgraded JS, and some code cleanup.
Download it here.
— Added ballot preview
— Added minor enhancements
— Added voter blocks and breakdown per blocks for results and statistics
— Code cleanup
— Fixed being logged out when importing many voters
— Fixed caching bug when using the back button
— Fixed minor bugs
— Removed json2.js
— Upgraded jQuery and plugins
Halalan will have a new and improved design soon! This includes not just the UI but also the underlying components. Better security and privacy all around. Watch out for more updates.
In other news, Halalan is now using Git in Google Code.
Enhancements all around, library upgrades, sessions in the database, and abstain alert message.
Download it here.
— Added alert message when choosing abstain
— Minor code cleanup
— Minor DB changes
— Minor UI enhancements
— Session, by default, is now saved in the DB
— Upgraded to CodeIgniter 1.7.3
— Upgraded to jQuery 1.4.4
The demo site for Halalan has been updated. The link now is http://unplug.eee.upd.edu.ph/halalan/demo/.
Halalan is now converted from Subversion to Mercurial. More info here.
Here’s hoping to a faster and more efficient development.